In Seamist Studio the children celebrated Australia Day by making flags, reading books about Australian Animals and listening to Aussie songs.
The educators sat with small groups of children and ran activities throughout the day that were themed around what it means to be an Australian.
Although some children in the room have learnt English as their second language or were not in fact born in Australia, it provided a great opportunity to present Australian symbols, words, animals, clothing and food choices.
- EYLF Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- EYLF Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- EYLF Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of well being
- EYLF Outcome 4: Children and confident and involved learners
- EYLF Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators