For Valentine’s Day, the children in Moonglade engaged in a beautiful sensory experience that resulted in a gorgeous take home present for their family.
Each child chose some coloured paints to place onto their love heart template and then used their hands to create a unique painting on which they then wrote a message on for a loved one in their family.
It is very important for children to recognise celebrations occurring in the community around them as it helps them feel connected to their environment and aids in forming a sense of identity and understanding of the world around them.
Children also love sensory experiences; the one that the children participated in for Valentine’s Day was particularly appealing to those children who don’t like to get their hands too dirty but still want to be involved in different tactile experiences.
- EYLF Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- EYLF Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- EYLF Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of well being
- EYLF Outcome 4: Children and confident and involved learners
- EYLF Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators