Is there any breakfast that gets a child more excited than pancakes? With this simple pancake recipe, you can get your little one to help you make their favourite breakfast treat as a part of a fun morning activity. Strawberries, apples, mangoes and bananas are all in season now, so top these miniature pancakes with slices of them for a delicious meal.
Note: The instructions in orange are the tasks that your little one can do!
1 cup sour cream
⅓ cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Syrup and fruits for serving.
1. Beat the eggs with a whisk until they’re well combined and stir in the sour cream, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
2. Gently mix with a fork until they combine together, but allow a few lumps to remain.
3. Heat a non stick skillet and spray with cooking oil.
4. Ladle one tablespoon of the batter into the skillet and allow to cook until it turns golden brown.
5. Flip and cook until the other side is also golden brown.
6. Continue cooking batches of the pancakes this way and stack them onto a dish.
7. Using a plastic knife, chop apples, mangoes or strawberries into slices and arrange them on top of the pancake stack.
8. Top with syrup and serve! Share this simple pancake recipe with your friends and loved ones!