Throughout the week, the children in Seamist Studio have been taking part in creative artistic experiences outdoors. They have the opportunity to express themselves freely using a variety of paint colours, brushes, glue and glitter.
The children are often encouraged to use their hands and other resources in order to explore the sensory properties of paint and other mediums. In one experience, paper was placed in our water play bucket to ensure the children could make as much mess as they wanted to around the learning area (after all, that’s where the fun is!) and then a few marbles were dropped into the tray along with some paint so that the children could have a bit of fun, swaying the tray and moving the marbles and paint all over the paper.
Generally, all children enjoy art and craft experiences. The learning and processes that go along with introducing new concepts, artistic mediums and a variety of opportunists for creative expression are endless!
The educators are constantly coming up with fresh and new ideas for children to explore and develop their creativity. It is also a wonderful social activity for children to enjoy together and share their final masterpieces with their peers.
- EYLF Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- EYLF Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- EYLF Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of well being
- EYLF Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- EYLF Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators