In Moonglade Studio this week, the educators have been placing out a variety of activities for the children to enjoy. One such activity is Bean Bag Toss. The children pick up one bean bag at a time and practice their throwing skills as they aim for the bucket to throw the bean bag into. There is a wonderful array of numeracy concepts that were explored during this activity, such as left or right handedness, distance, colour of bean bags, effort/force to throw the bean bag and of course the actual skill involved of estimating how hard and high to throw the bean bag to get it to land into the tub. The children also challenged their hand eye coordination and practiced their concentration skills during the activity. It is such a simple activity, but it has so many benefits!
- EYLF Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- EYLF Outcome 2 Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- EYLF Outcome 4: Children and confident and involved learners
- EYLF Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- EYLF Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators