In Seamist Studio this week, the educators have been working on colour recognition, motor skill development and team work. One activity the children have been enjoying is the Ring Toss game.
One at a time the children took a coloured ring and tossed them, aiming to get each one onto the stake. This experience provided the children with opportunities to actively interact with their peers as they collaborated with each other in taking turns of placing coloured rings onto the stake. Moreover, activities such as these help to develop their motor skills, visual motor integration, visual perceptual skills and motor control coordination through sorting each colour ring, tossing and aiming at the stake.
• EYLF Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
• EYLF Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
• EYLF Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of well being
• EYLF Outcome 4: Children and confident and involved learners
• EYLF Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners