What child can say no to jelly? This delicious jelly boats recipe puts an exciting spin on the regular jelly cube snack.
- 4 oranges
- 2 packets blue jelly
- 1 packet red jelly
- 1 packet green jelly
- Slice the oranges in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Make up the jelly as per the packet directions.
- Use the 2 quantities of blue jelly to make the sea, pour into a clear rectangular container and refrigerate.
- Make paper sails with rectangles of heavyweight paper and stick them on toothpicks to form a mast.
- Place the orange halves into a muffin tin and fill half with the green jelly mixture and half with the red jelly mixture. Refrigerate until set.
- When the jelly has set, slice oranges in half again to make quarters and place the paper sails into each quarter.
- Place the boats on the ‘blue sea’ and serve!
Recipe and Photo: www.kidspot.com.au
If you like more sweet recipes for you child, try our healthy chia seed pudding recipe which is packed with nutrients and goodness!